We highly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance for the trip you are planning to take with Trango Adventure. For climbing expeditions in Pakistan it is compulsory to have a valid insurance policy which covers the helicopter rescue in cases of accidents and to protect the value of your expedition royalty fee in case of cancelation. It is only a recommendation to have a travel insurance policy for Trekking and Tours in Pakistan to cover your medical treatments.
If you are a frequent traveller or travel more then once a year then it is worth to chose the annual or multi trip insurance. This can also be cheaper if you purchase a joint policy with your spouse/parter/family. This will save you time and money.
We recommend you to send us a copy of your insurance policy before prior to your holiday departure. These information will be pass onto your tour/mountain guide in case of any emergency. Please take a copy with you on the trip. Your policy must show and confirm that you are the policy holder, cover is valid for the whole duration of your trip, must be covered for medical expenses in case of medical emergency (illness, injury etc). Your insurance policy documents must clearly show the insurers 24 hours medical emergency contact phone numbers.
r alternatively please cal
When you are taking your insurance policy, be honest and inform your insurer of any pre existing medical conditions. If you fail to to tell your insurer that you have epilepsy and then have an attack which results in you having a treatment, it will be unlikely that you will be covered. We advise to make sure your insurance policy covers you for loss of valuable items. If there are additionale cost to cover them then consider leaving them at home.
EXAMPLE OF STANDARD INSURANCE PREMIUMS FOR PAKISTAN HOLIDAYS
Up to 9 days: $100
Up to 17 days: $130
Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance
Principal Insured Person: $160
Insured Person including spouse/partner: $260
* Children can be included free of charge, including independent travel, provided they are aged 18 years of under, or 21 years or under and in full time education.
All above premiums shown were valid for policies issued up to 31/12/2019 and were inclusive of tax based on non-climbing itineraries for persons aged under 66 years.
Travel Insurance Providers
EXPEDITIONS or TREKS
- HCC Medical Insurance Services LLC Tel: +1-800 605 2282
- Travelex Insurance Services Tel: +1-800 228 9792
- True Traveller Insurance Tel: 0333 999 3140 for treks including over 4,500m
- Austrian Alpine Club (UK) Tel: +44 (0)1929 556870
- Snowcard Tel: +44 (0)1295 660836
- The B.M.C. Tel: +44 (0)161 445 6111
- Dogtag Tel: 0800 036 4824 (UK residents only)
- World Nomads (up to 6000m)
- Insure for Less (Australians only)