Trekking and Mountain Royalty fees Pakistan 2020
Procedure & Process:
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN ISSUANCE OF MOUNTAINEERING/TREKKING PERMITS FOR GILGIT-BALTISTAN.
a) Two types of Tourism Permits issued by Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat in respect of foreign tourists for Peaks/Treks located in Restricted Areas of Gilgit- Baltistan:
- Climbing Permit
- Trekking Permit
Note: No Trekking Permit is required from GB Council to visit Open Areas of Gilgit- Baltistan. All Peaks above 6500 Meter require Permit from GB Council whether in Open Area or Restricted Area.
b) Documents Required:
• All applications for climbers/trekkers in respect of foreign tourists for the Peaks/Treks located in Gilgit-Baltistan are submitted in Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat through designated tour operators registered with Department of Tourist Services Government of Pakistan including 7 sets of following documents:
- Application from tour operator on their letter head
- Application form for mountaineering expedition
- Name list of members of expedition
- Route map of proposed peak/trek
- Passport copies of members of expedition
- Visa application form (duly filled) of foreign climbers/trekkers
- CV of Expedition members
- Copy of license of tour operator company
Procedure and Process:
- After receipt of complete application from tour Operator Company, the same is forwarded to concerned departments/agencies for obtaining requisite clearances.
- Time required: 4-6 weeks as per existing Pak Visa Regime.
Pakistan Mountain Royalty Fees:
Depositing of Royalty Fees in Gilgit-Baltistan Council Account as per following detail:
- National Bank of Pakistan S Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad Account # 1975-7
- Zero royalty fee for peak upto 6500-M
- 10% royalty fee on mountains situated in Gilgit, and Ghizer except on Spantik/Golden Peak.
- 05% royalty fee on all peaks during winter season (December-February)
- 40% Discount on royalty fee on all peaks except as mentioned in (i) & (ii) above as detailed below:-
Pakistan Mountain Royalty Fee for the Year 2019 (Amount in USD $)
|S.No||Height Of Mountain||Up To 7 Member Team||Each Additional Member|
|1.||K-2 (8611-M)||USD $ 7,200||USD $ 1,200|
|2.||8001 – 8500-M||USD $ 5,400||USD $ 900|
|3.||7501 – 8000-M||USD $ 2,400||USD $ 300|
|4.||7001 – 7500-M||USD $ 1,500||USD $ 180|
|5||6501 – 7000-M||USD $ 900||USD $ 120|
Depositing of Waste Management Fees in case the area located in Central Karakorum National Park (CKNP) in the account of CKNP as per following
Bank Account detail:
Habib Metropolitan Bank, Jutial Branch, Gilgit
Account #: 6-02-86-20311-714-104814
IBAN Account #: PK91MPBL0286027140104814
Environment Fee/Waste Management Fee will be 68 US$ for each member of mountaineering expedition.
Trekking Fee will be 50 US$ per person for one month for Treks situated in Restricted areas of Gilgit-Baltistan. However, 50 US$ will also be charged as Environment Fee/Waste Management Fee per person for one month to be deposited in the account of CKNP as mentioned above.
Issuance of Climbing Permit:
After receipt of all clearances from concerned departments, Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat issues Climbing permit after completion of following codal formalities by the concerned tour operator:
o Depositing of prescribed royalty fee
o Application to issue climbing permit
o Expedition members insurance/ Undertaking by tour operator assuring rescue operation funds:
o Tourist guide / Liaison Officer insurance and porter insurance
Information regarding status of application, while they are being processed can be obtained from Tourism Section of Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat.
Mountain Royalty fee in Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan
Royalty Fee Rates:
|Royalty Fee Rates
(Rules and Regulation Edition – 1999)
Ministry of Tourism reduced royalty fee rates from time to time since 2002 in order to overcome the negative effects of 9/11 2001 incident and to promote adventure tourism in Pakistan. It is still being continued with the Existing 40% Discounted Fee
Height of mountain
Royalty fee, 7 Member
Each Additional Member
Height of mountain
Each Additional Member
|1||K2 – 8611m||$ 12000||$ 3000||1||K2 – 8611m||$ 7200||$ 1200|
|2||8001 – 8500m||$ 9,500||$ 3000||2||8001 – 8500m||$ 5400||$ 900|
|3||7501 – 8000m||$ 4000||$ 1000||3||7501 – 8000m||$ 2400||$ 300|
|4||7001 – 7500m||$ 2500||$ 500||4||7001 – 7500m||$ 1500||$ 180|
|5||6501 – 7000m||$ 1500||$ 300||5||6501 – 7000m||$ 900||$ 120|
(Note) Trekking and Mountain Royalty fees Pakistan are set by Government Of Pakistan at the beginning of every year.